ENGEN KNOCKOUT CHALLENGE CUP INVITATION.
News,20 March 2018, SAFA Cape Town, ENGEN CUP.
Interested clubs must submit their letter of application to participate to the Tournament Organisers at
firstname.lastname@example.org and should copy their respective LFAs.
Due to the current drought conditions, the first 80 applications will be considered for approval.
ELIGIBILTY & FORMAT;
- The Tournament will consist of 16 Teams, 14 teams will qualify through the PLAYOFF ROUNDS.
- Teams that will automatically qualify; Host Club: Vasco da Gama FC, PSL Club: Ajax Cape Town.
- A minimum of 2 teams to be placed on the waiting list, shall a team not adhere to the Registration Process.
- Players, playing in the PSL, NFD, ABS Motsepe, are not eligible to play in the Tournament, unless they are de-registered and have a valid 2018 SAFA CT Registration Card.
- The Engen Knockout will take place over 3 days, 22 June 2018- 24 June 2018.
- Match Duration including the Finals will be 25 minutes either side.
- The Tournament will be governed by these set of rules and regulations for the ENGEN KNOCKOUT CHALLENGE. These rules will form the bases for the Tournament; All TEAMS will play under these rules & regulations.
- During the Knockout Stage of the Tournament, in the event of a tie at the conclusion of regular time, a penalty shootout shall take place(as per normal rules of penalty shootout)
- If bad light effects the conclusion of the penalty shootout, the match will be decided by the toss of a coin to determine the winner.
- No grace period will be given at any stage of the Competition.
- The Playoff Rounds, will be Played across Various venues in Cape Town.
- The first 80 Teams to apply will be accepted.
- Teams will automatically be accepted, only if they can confirm that they will meet the Registration Criteria.
Registration of players of a club, will be verified and accepted, following the submission of the following;
- Certified Copy of Bar Coded South African ID/Passport.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate.
- Completed & Signed Letter issued by Vasco-Engen LOC. – School Principal to complete & Sign.
- Copy of a Valid SAFA playing card for 2018.
- All Original ID/Passports & Birth Certificates must be presented at Registration.
- Original SAFA Cards must be brought with to the Playoffs.
Participation to Enter the Tournament is; Cut-off date: Wednesday 20 March 2018.