WITHDRAWAL OF TOURNAMENT APPROVALS AND SEIZURE OF LFA ACTIVITIES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE THE COMBATING OF COVID-19 EPIDEMIC.
1. The statement by the President of South Africa his Excellency Mr Cyril Ramaphosa this evening and the National Disaster declaration has reference which is attached hereto.
2. Following the televised public announcement, especially the item pertaining in relation to “Gathering of more than 100 people will be prohibited”, the following has been decided by the ManCom this evening, as a precautionary measure to combat the curb and spread of the disease within the community and or population:
2.1 That all tournament sanctions within our area of jurisdiction are duly withdrawn until further notice;
2.2 That all LFA activities including Futsal and Beach Soccer members within our area of jurisdiction are to seize until further notice;
2.3 The is with immediate effect.
3. Further to the above the Regional Medical Committee will be having an emergency session with the Region on Tuesday, 17 March 2020, chaired by Dr Nasief Van der Schyff, regarding any other further decisions, the implications for the combating of the COVID-19 epidemic from a sports organisation point of view and the way forward for the rest of the Region’s & Local Football Associations activities etc.
4. Other members especially member clubs may also make further decisions pertaining to their activities.
5. The Region via the Office of the General Secretary will keep you informed of any further developments in this regard.
6. As stated by the State President, these are the necessary precautions and steps that must be taken to stop the spread of the disease and for the safety of the community and members at large.
7. Members are reminded about the following: