Bennett K Bailey
“To go where no man has gone before”
- Diploma in Sport Management– London School of Economics
- National Diploma in Cost Accounting – Peninsula Technikon
- B-Tech degree in Cost and Management Accounting – Peninsula Technikon
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) – MANCOSA
- Professional Accountant (SA) – Full Member of the South African Institute of Professional Accountants
- Certificate in Sports Law – UCT
- Certificate in Project Management – North West University
Opinion papers/ policies and strategies written
- Athletics South Africa Protocol Manual that was used for the 1998 Athletics World Cup
- Farm worker strategic programme (a first for South Africa) – 2008
- Rules of engagement for Sport Councils (resulted in the Western Cape Sport Council accepted as the first affiliate to the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee – 2008
- Building effective, comprehensive and successful internal policies and procedures : a modern approach to ensure best practice sport governance and administration – 2009
- The art of elections (SAFA Elections) 2009
- Delivered many talks at UCT School of Management, UWC – Transformation related issues, Northlink College, Sports Talks throughout the province and Fundamentals of Olympism – NMMU
- Presentation on the new South African Sport and Recreation Plan 2030
- Task Team Member to restructure Sport Academies in South Africa
- Stand in Task Team Member to draft the new Sport and Recreation Plan
- Drafting of the finance manual “How to manage sport organisations”
- Presentation at SASRECON conference on the best high performance sports model for South Africa.
Held many leadership positions inter alia at;
Peninsula Technikon, including South African National Students Congress (SANSCO) Media Officer, Sports Council President, SRC President and is currently on the CPUT Sport Management Faculty Academic Board.
At Administration level, National Sport Congress Exco Member, South African Tertiary Institutions Association (SATISA) Exco, South African Tertiary Institutions Association (SATISA) Cricket Treasurer, Tennis Vice Chair and Rugby Secretary. Co President of Softball Secretary as well as Secretary General of it.
At Football level, Rygate Football Association Secretary, President and Life Member. SAFA Cape Town, Interim President, Vice President and currently President. Is also PEC Member as well as NEC Member.
Teams Managed, South African Tertiary Team to Buffalo, USA, South African Softball Team to Olympic Trials in Holland, Assistant General Manager All Africa Games in Harare, South African Athletics Team to Commonwealth Games in Canada, South African Tertiary Cricket Team against India, South African Schools Football Team to France, South African Athletics Team to World Youth Games in Poland.
Sport Achievements, South African Tertiary colours for Darts and Athletics, Western Province Tertiary for Athletics and Darts, Soccer Union Colours in Football and Western Province Senior Schools Sports Union Athletics
Sport Honours, Captain of winning Darts team – National Student Champs, Junction Rovers Most Consistent Player of the Year, Peninsula Technikon Athlete of the Year, Primary Schools Union Victor Ludorem, Gauteng Athletics Administrator of the Year, Life Member Junction Rovers Football Club, Life Member Cape Flats Football Association Football Club and Life Member Rygate Football Association
|· Peninsula Technikon (Student Affairs)|
Liaison Officer and Head of Culture
· Athletics South Africa
|· Western Cape Administration|
Assistant Director: Specialised Services and later Development
· Western Cape Administration
Deputy Director: Transformation and Dispute Resolution and later on Client and Scientific Support